I am a former developer, and I now study
AI and cognitive science full-time.
I am interested in understanding how the mind works from a computational perspective.
More specifically, I like the idea of intelligence
as possessing a forward model mirroring the real world,
as inverting the forward model, learning
as induction of the forward model, and reasoning
inference over and execution of the forward model.
To make progress on this idea, I study and draw inspiration from the following areas:
- Probabilistic programming and probabilistic models of cognition
- Program induction and hypothesis generation
- Intuitive theories of cognition and causality
- Common sense reasoning
- Representation learning and deep learning
- Probability theory and bayesian inference
- Inverse problems
- Analysis by synthesis
- Bias learning